HVAC & Refrigeration Energy Saving Device
HVAC&R ESD is an easy to fit, AI based intelligent energy optimization thermostat for commercial direct expansion (DX) based air conditioning and refrigeration systems. In operation it delivers:
- Excellent temperature stability. Responds dynamically to any change in heat load.
- Outstanding energy savings, even on the largest, most modern inverter based cooling technologies.
- A rapid return on investment. Paybacks are typically within 18 months.
- HVAC&R ESD AC-01 – For air conditioning. Average energy savings of 40%* for commercial and residential customers.
- HVAC&R ESD AR-01 – For refrigeration( for temps above 32F) . Average savings of 30%* across manufacturing, F&B and retail sectors.
All HVAC&R ESD products make use of our unique, patented advanced control technology called Optimized Refrigerant Supply (ORS®).
This HVAC&R ESD ORS® technology uses two temperature sensors in an algorithmic energy trading control arrangement to monitor the thermodynamic (room or space temperature) and the hydraulic (refrigerant supply) performance of the connected air conditioning, heating or refrigeration system.
In operation this algorithmic energy trading approach first uses the room or space temperature sensor to ensure that a required setpoint has been achieved. Subsequently, this temperature sensor ensures that the space is maintained within +/-0.5°C (+/-0.9°F) of the required setpoint. Meanwhile a second temperature sensor connected to the indoor evaporator coil is used to identify when the compressor has done it’s useful hydraulic work in producing a supply of high-pressure liquid refrigerant. Using a complex algorithmic energy trading strategy the HVAC&R ESD ORS® advanced control system then starts and stops the compressor at appropriate times to optimize running costs consistent with the inbuilt algorithmic energy trading strategy.
We call this temperature/hydraulic optimization process ‘Dancing With Energy™’.
Overall, the benefits delivered by our HVAC&R ESD ORS® algorithmic energy trading control system include:
- Unrivalled energy-saving performance compared with the best modern inverter systems
- Improved temperature stability and comfort assurance
- Improved air quality with reduced carbon footprints
- Zero dripping or icing up, thereby eliminating any need for heating equipment – even with our HVAC&R ESD ORS® refrigeration control systems
- Improved performance and reliability (backed up by our three-year warranty on all HVAC&R ESD ORS® control systems).